Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» WELL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 18:19

» Anyone interested in organising a rally in 2021?
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 14:47

» Motor-Homers Property Log
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 8:42

» BAKEWELL 23-28 JUNE 2022
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby KSH Mon 28 Jun 2021 - 16:15

» E10 petrol coming in September
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby KSH Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 19:26

» Our George
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 22 Jun 2021 - 18:11

» Booking meets
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 20:51

**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby jonsea149 Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 15:24

» Hope to be out and about soon, but......
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Sun 6 Jun 2021 - 21:04

**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Sat 5 Jun 2021 - 16:24

» Friends request ( Peter Lea)
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Adele Tue 18 May 2021 - 11:02

» Forum Colour Scheme
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Chocy boy Wed 5 May 2021 - 15:57

» Hi
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby lindyloot Sun 11 Apr 2021 - 18:45

» Calor gas bottle shortsge
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 2 Apr 2021 - 17:40

» Alan Laneside
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 27 Mar 2021 - 14:02

» Photos
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Sun 21 Mar 2021 - 20:47

» Stolen Motorhome Database Website
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 22:22

» Result!
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby KSH Thu 18 Feb 2021 - 17:24

» Covid Jabs
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Chocy boy Wed 3 Feb 2021 - 21:33

» Birthday
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Chocy boy Wed 3 Feb 2021 - 6:35

» New year, new look!
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Chocy boy Sat 30 Jan 2021 - 23:04

» DATES FOR BAKEWELL IF GOING TO BRIDLINGTON
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby KSH Wed 27 Jan 2021 - 20:48

» Booking Bridlington 2022 EARLY
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Mon 25 Jan 2021 - 13:32

» Toda
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 21 Jan 2021 - 21:11

» Happy birthday
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Chocy boy Wed 20 Jan 2021 - 13:49

» Happy Birthday Chocy boy
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Suedge53 Tue 19 Jan 2021 - 9:53

» hows it going?
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Mon 18 Jan 2021 - 10:53

» Birthday
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Wed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:07

» Happy New Year
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 1 Jan 2021 - 20:42

» Seasons Greetings
**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeby Polly Sat 26 Dec 2020 - 14:46

**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call**

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chameleon

**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** 100010
Chameleon

**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** Empty
PostSubject: **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call**   **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014 - 23:39

Our land line telephone allows us to transfer our calls to another phone or mobile phone.

I was pleased today that I had decided to transfer calls to my mobile telephone when I went out, as I received the following call from a foreign female, just before 17.25hrs.

Caller   I am calling from BT accounts.  Could I speaK to the account holder.

I thought if you calling from BT you would know who the account holder was.

Me   No the account holder isn't available.

Caller   I need to speak to the account holder because there is money owing on the account of £12.23 and if it is not paid immediately the telephone will be disconnected tonight.  That means no incoming or outgoing calls.

I knew we didn't owe anything on the account  and the contract isn't up for renewal- but what if it was a confused person she was speaking to? 

Me   If there is any money owing on the account it is BTs fault and I am in a public place and do not wish to discuss private business.

Caller   No we sent you a new contract with the account for £12.23 which you must pay now to avoid disconnection tonight.

Me   We haven't received an account or the contract you are talking about so send it again.  Infact could I take your telephone number so I can ring you back because I believe your telephone call is a scam.

With that the caller hung up - can't understand why Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil 

Hope she rings back tomorrow for round two Suspect
Back to top Go down
mike 100

mike 100

PostSubject: Re: **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call**   **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014 - 7:47

what a world we live in I am beginning to think there are more people trying to scam ya that good folk,seen brill one yesterday ebay 56 motorhome 4600 pounds they wont every thing and all there after is ya email.adress
Back to top Go down
Tugga

**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** 75010
Tugga

PostSubject: Re: **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call**   **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014 - 11:16

Hi Joyce, that sounds so typical of phone calls nowadays.  I don't suppose you managed to capture a number did you?  They usually come up as International or Out of Area on my phone, so I don't answer them.  Unfortunately, without a number I am unable to block them from my phone, but I do have a good collection going from UK callers.  Very Happy 

These people are the scum of the earth, lets hope they are too scared to ring you back, but a man might call next and try to intimidate you (some hopes eh!)
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call**   **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014 - 12:42

Cheryl it was a private number and some of the business people who call us, telephone numbers come up the same, so had to answer the call.

Have tried to report to BT this morning but the queue was too long - made me wonder if other people had the same telephone call last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call**   **Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**Attempt to SCAM me today in telephone call**
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motor-Homers :: Community :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: