Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorhomes, Campervans, Van Conversions and Caravans All Welcome

HomeHome  SearchforsitesSearchforsites  EventsEvents  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» New rules for entry into Spain
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby mike 100 Thu 12 Nov 2020 - 15:47

» Do you know any good rally sites
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Wed 11 Nov 2020 - 18:04

» TV and box
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Wed 4 Nov 2020 - 21:47

» Coronavirus
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 20:05

» your predictions
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby tinytears Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 21:37

» Anyone interested in organising a rally in 2021?
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby jolly camper Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 23:11

» RENEWING MY DRIVING LICENCE AT 70
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 14:54

» Hayfield
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 10:25

» 2020 Trip
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 17:30

» Bridlington dates 2021
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby graham & dale Wed 9 Sep 2020 - 14:10

» Filter Water Jug
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby KSH Tue 1 Sep 2020 - 13:46

» I do chip for Motorhomes and caravans
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Wed 19 Aug 2020 - 12:45

» Adverts
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Quicksam Wed 12 Aug 2020 - 22:39

» SCAM
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Thu 6 Aug 2020 - 13:28

» SAT NAV
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Thu 6 Aug 2020 - 13:22

» Happy 70th birthday Polly
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Polly Thu 6 Aug 2020 - 13:18

» Christmas
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Chocy boy Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 15:10

» Outwell Ripple Motor 380SA M
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby whistlinggypsy Sun 5 Jul 2020 - 16:23

» Stolen Motorhome Database App
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby KSH Wed 1 Jul 2020 - 23:19

» MOT due date extension
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby KSH Tue 30 Jun 2020 - 10:48

» Names put on list for meets
12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Emptyby Traytone Sat 13 Jun 2020 - 23:34

12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SandJ

12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions 25010
SandJ

12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Empty
PostSubject: 12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions   12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 9:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have been sourcing the replacement of differing size down lights and it has not been easy. A lot of suppliers do not provide the cut out size or the depth, if fire rated or not as well as extortionate prices in some cases.
So who would you recommend? Which website is user friendly?
I know about Led being the best option for battery drain but do new Motorhomers? I know about O'Learys and others but who do I or others not know of?
It states 12v and further down in the blurb it states transformer needed so very confusing.

So the reason for the thread is to help and guide new and the diy'er who are capable but need reassurance or pointing in the right direction for action or the supply of what's needed
This is for lamp fitment replacement or alteration not just changing bulbs to led.

Which supplier would you recommend?
Explanation on whether f rated is needed (fire rated)
What is the name of the lamp type with bottom larger springs?
What is the maximum hole you could use as this type gives a lot more of a variance in hole size. If say 70 outer diameter would you recommend 60 cut out max, or more or less?
What is the name of the recessed lamp type with small sided spring
Whether a filler is available if hole is too large for the small spring type (name of filler and supplier)
Whether a transformer advised fitment can be used as it is 12v (transformer is only to reduce it from 240v to 12v) or is it? So is 12v reduced via transformer the same as 12dc?
Who supplies the screw on and off replacement bezels if a colour change is all that is sought (brass to say chrome)
How to add a switched live on and off switch or other options a simple diagram
There may be things I have not mentioned that you may feel helpful please add as all information can help
Back to top Go down
debbie

12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions 50010
debbie

PostSubject: Re: 12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions   12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 13:42

My solution would be to buy the lamp of my choice, cover the existing hole with a shaped, varnished piece of wood with the right size hole.
Back to top Go down
The Burchies

12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions 300010
The Burchies

PostSubject: Re: 12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions   12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 13:54

Hi Steve,
Dont know if this helps but I used to work in the electrical Wholesale industry & we used to use this supplier http://www.jcc.co.uk/.
You will be better off going into somewhere like "City Electrical" or a company called "GFE Lighting" if they are local to you.
Just my advice. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions   12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

12v lamp fitments replacement help and suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motor-Homers :: Technical/Help/Advice :: Ask For Help-
Jump to: